Bio Lessons Studio Policy Links Listen Contact
• Payment: I collect payment for lessons monthly, due at the first lesson of the month.
• Teacher absences: all lessons missed by the teacher will be made up either by me or a substitute.
• Student absences/tardies: Forgotten lessons will not be made up under any circumstances. I will make up one excused absence per term. This make-up lesson will occur during the term of the absence only. An absence is “excused” if I receive notice no later than the day before the lesson. You can contact me on my cell phone to report an absence (612.810.8193). As with any appointment, please be on time. If you are going to be late, please let me know.
• Student practice: I require each student to practice all assigned music and exercises at least five days per week. The amount of practice per day should be equal to or greater than the length of the violin lesson. This practice requirement will insure that lessons are productive and the student makes progress. As a former teacher of mine used to say, “a student will enjoy something more if they are good at it.”
• Performance: I require each student to perform a solo publicly at least twice a year (including the yearly studio recital).
• Questions outside of lesson time: please feel free to email me any questions you have about a studentʼs assignment, progress, etc., at BlayneBarnes@msn.com.